Crispy top walnut + hazelnut brownies
It's always a Friday night when you get to enjoy this delightful Crispy Top Walnut + Hazelnut Brownies recipe.
Every bite of these brownies will take you on a journey of flavours! Get ready to make them time after time because your friends and family will keep asking for more!
NOTE FOR THE CRISPY TOPS:
In order to achieve the beautiful crispy top, it's crucial to beat the egg whites and sugar until they get thick and light in colour. That's the secret!
- 2/3 cup of hazelnuts
- 2/3 cup of walnuts
- 3/4 cup of melted butter, then cooled but still liquid
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 ts. vanilla extract or 1 1/2 vanilla bean (the inside part only)
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cocoa powder
- 1/4 ts. salt
- 1/4 ts. baking powder
- 1 ts. avocado oil
- Preheat the over at 325° F
- Choose a small yet wide enough pan and line it with parchment paper (it needs to come out on the sides)
- Melt butter to a fully liquid form and set aside for a few minutes to allow it to cool down (all while remaining liquid). It's important that your butter has cooled down, otherwise it would cook your egg whites
- Add the eggs and sugar in a standard mixer with paddle attachement. Mix until the mixture is thick and light yellow in shape. 5 to 10 minutes. Mix in vanilla extract until combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, salt
- On low speed, mix in gently the flour mixture into the eggs mixture until fully combined. Then combine the melted cooled butter until combined.
- Mix in the avocado oil and nuts
- Spread the mixture in your pan
- Bake for 30-32 minutes. You can test the brownies with a toothpick to ensure it's cooked enough yet not overcooked
- Allow to cool down for a minimum of 10 minutes before cutting
Now it's time to enjoy! Serve with a classic glass of milk or switch it up with our Home Made Almond Milk recipe.