Pistachio & mint basil pesto (by chef Ricardo Lo Schiavo)
Introducing a vibrant and innovative twist on a classic favorite: Pistachio and Mint Basil Pesto! 😍 This delightful recipe combines the rich, nutty essence of pistachios with the bright and refreshing flavours of mint and basil. It's a symphony of flavours that brings a delightful green hue to your plate and a burst of Mediterranean freshness to your palate. Whether you're a seasoned chef or a novice in the kitchen, this homemade pesto will elevate your culinary creations to a whole new level.
You can watch the making of this recipe on our Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqwZ49IpAlI/
- 2 cups of pistachios
- 2 cups of basil (you can leave the stems on since they are tender)
- 2 cups of spinach
- about 20 mint leaves (remove stems)
- 3/4 of cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast (if you are vegan or simply prefer it)
- salt, pepper and chili flakes (to taste)
- In a powerful blender, combine and mix the pistachios, basil, spinach, mint, olive oil, parmesan cheese/nutritional yeast and seasonings
- Examine consistency and adjust to the desired one
- Mix with your pasta
- Serve by topping with chopped pistachios, parmesan cheese (to taste) and basil leaves
Recipe by the executive chef and co-owner of @traiteur_brera Ricardo Lo Schiavo. You can watch him make it step-by-step on our Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqwZ49IpAlI/
Enjoy this simple and easy nutty pistachio based pesto sauce! 💚 Ideal on pasta but can easily be used as a base on toasts!