The Mariela Chicken (by chef Caroline Dumas)
During my first pregnancy, there was one restaurant that I kept on craving and it was Bloomfield. If you've been, you know exactly what I'm talking about and if you haven't, well let me quickly tell you!
The local Outremont spot is adored by the city for its vibrant brunch and lunch menu items, everything is as local as possible and made with passion! The chef and owner, Caroline Dumas has several cook books under her belt and is adored in Quebec's foodie scene.
Caroline and I quickly bonded over our love for food and especially nuts so when I asked her to create something that would mix both Nutterie and Bloomfield, she didn't hesitate one bit. This fabulous recipe was born (and I do have to thank her again for naming it after me):
- 2 full chicken thighs (top + drumsticks)
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried prunes
- 1/4 cup of pistachios
- salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients with a food processor to obtain a grainy stuffing
- Lift the skin of the thigh and fill with the stuffing
- Salt the skin if you want a seasoned chicken skin
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, check the cooking and continue cooking at 325 degrees for about 1h15.
Our Instagram community has made this recipe over and over again! It's a total hit!
It's your turn! Bon appétit!